Well, unfortunately it's a bit of a mess. Without getting too personal, my flatmate / native Japanese proof reader has had to move back to Japan. This actually happened a month or so back, but I have been a bit busy and preoccupied. So, where does this leave the project? Personally I would really like to carry on as I'm enjoying the manga and as far as I know, no one else is translating it. However, I don't really have the confidence in my Japanese to "go it alone" without my flatmates help and constant guidance about the cultural side of things. SO! Basically, I've been thinking to try to join up with a group somewhere, that way we can get back on this horse. Ideally, I would prefer to work as an editor and proof reader, however that leaves the difficult task of finding another Japanese > English translator, which probably isn't all that easy. I also have zero know-how of the scanlation scene. So, I ask for your help a bit here, if you are in a group, or know of a group that might be interested in picking this up with me on board as an editor, please get in touch with me or put them in touch with me at scotcheggz@hotmail.co.uk

If we can work something out, this would speed up the Moteki output by a ton, I translate very slowly, but I can edit the shit out of those pages at a good speed and to a relatively decent level. Having people involved who understand the scene would also really help with the release side of things too as I said before, I don't usually read manga, let alone scanlate them, so knowledge of the scenes workings is essentially non-existant.

So, that is that, I really hope we can get back on this soon, it's such a good manga and I've been enjoying working on this so far and hope it can continue. Apologies for making people wait so long, I hope I can get this sorted and help to provide you guys with the rest of the manga soon!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a shame about your flatmate. You might as well have a crack at translating it yourself, you don't know until you've tried.

If not, just ask around the forums of the usual suspects, mangafox etc. or give http://kotonoha.monkey-pirate.com/ a try.

Best of luck fella. You had me anticipating this for months D:<

Anonymous said...

aww cmon man............i was so eagerly waiting 4 this.... :(

Anonymous said...

If I were you I'd try to recruit/join a group here:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/index.php
They have boards dedicated to that; and if everything else fails, you could try finding someone on 4chan's /a/ ...

Good luck, I hope I'll see more of your scans in the future.

Anonymous said...

Have you been able to find a new translator?

Anonymous said...

Any updates?

tom said...

Hey man you're doing a great job with the scanlations, and i really like this manga now :)
just curious, but do you have any rules about posting chapters/dls on other sites?
also i'll do my best to help u find a new proof reader/scan group to work with :)

Anonymous said...

still waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the next chapter

Anonymous said...

still waiting.... anyone?

Anonymous said...

just downloaded the RAW manga.... can't read any of it... waiting for translation

Anonymous said...

http://pastebin.com/VdWCVfty

Anonymous said...

Whoops, Komiyama, not Komiya. http://pastebin.com/dsiiX9dP

Daniel said...

are you going to translate the other chapters?

Anonymous said...

I think the group PoorX (PoorX.com) is interested in doing that project seeing that they accidentally uploaded Moteki raw vol instead of Mizuiro Splash chapter 2 in mangafox.

Anonymous said...

Try asking VIS (Village Idiot Scanlations) I think they're in need of personnel and would pick up the project if they had the help to

Post a Comment